Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Regular Activities

Lately, I've been thinking about activities I could do on a regular basis, besides work and babysitting. I use to be on a track team. I was a member for about 6-8 years. We use to meet twice a week and have a track meet twice a year! Eventually, the coach went to college, so everyone stopped meeting. I use to sing in the Church choir. That was a while ago, but it was very fun! We'd practice once a week, and sing at Mass on the last Sunday of every month (sometimes more often if there was an extra special occasion). I also took piano lessons pretty much once a week for about 4 years.

So, I've been thinking, maybe volunteering would be a good idea. And maybe setting one or two days every month aside special for praying at an abortion mill. I'm open to any suggestions!

6 comments:

  1. Just a thought, if you want something time consuming (and believe me it takes up a nice chunk of every day) you should take piano again!! There are some really great teachers near you. You could then tie that in with volunteering, and play at nursing homes and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should rejoin your church choir. I'm in choir and it's a great experience!! :) Or, if you wanted something more athletic, you could start a running/walking club with your friends! :D Just some ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good ideas! I have thought about piano and choir! I kinda miss doing those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the music suggestions. :) You could also think about something like contradancing. It's not competitive or anything, but it's a lot of fun, and you don't have to go every week. You just kind of learn the steps and have fun getting confused on the hard dances. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Contra dancing!!! Oh, how I love contra dancing!!! It's sooo much fun! The youth group I went with hasn't planned another one in the longest time though... I'll have to look around! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contradancing is fun!!!! :D Ooh, your youth group did it? That's awesome! We just have a general contradancing group around here, and there aren't many young people who come.

    ReplyDelete