Thursday, July 4, 2013

Children of Mary

On Saturday, June 29, my family and I went to visit the convent of a new order of nuns called the Children of Mary to volunteer.  It was an amazing experience!  We began our day with Holy Mass at 9am said by a wonderful priest who celebrates both the Roman and Byzantine Rites.  The Church was absolutely beautiful!  After Mass we sat for 20 minutes with our friends who we met there and had coffee.  Around 10:30am we began our work.  My sisters and I all helped weed the large garden.  My mom and little brother worked in the flower beds.  My dad helped build part of one of the nuns hermitages.  We ate lunch around 12:30pm and got back to work around 1:15ish.  My legs were so sore from being crouched down for such long periods of time, but I was happy to do all that work.  We worked until 5pm and attended evening prayer in the Church.  Right after, we ate dinner with the nuns and the other volunteers.  I truly enjoyed my conversations with the nuns.  They spoke all about how they came to realize their calling to the Religious Life.  Some of them were converts to the Catholic Faith.  I must say, converts to the Catholic Faith are some of the most devoted Catholics.  I truly admire them.  They were all so very friendly.  If you want to learn more about The Children of Mary, you can visit their website at www.childrenofmary.net

God bless you!

 ~ littleromanJMJ

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great experience! True, converts are some of the best Catholics!

    KN

    ReplyDelete